Thursday 10 March 2011

Simplex Methods

This week I have been researching the Simplex method and how it can solve linear programming problems. I have specifically been looking at whether a decentralised version exists that could be applied to the generator coordination domain. However so far I think the decentralised version still requires all nodes to know the global objective function and thus still contains centralised elements. I am also looking at whether a message passing algorithm can be applied in order to coordinate generators, however so far I have concluded that each generator must know about all the loads within the network in order to collectively coordinate their outputs. This week I have also applied to IBM and Google for summer internships. I have had two telephone interviews with Google where they asked me some technical questions regarding algorithms.

No comments:

Post a Comment