Thursday 21 October 2010

maths

Over the past few days I have been reading two papers that contain quite a bit of maths. I have been going over both papers trying to understand what is going on. It is slow progress for me. The second of the two papers "factor graphs and the sum-product algorithm" is easier to understand and get a grasp of. So far essentially what the algorithm does is to construct a factor graph from a particular problem (which contains functions and variables) and then compute each variable as a product of all the factors. This is essentially computing a functions as a product of local functions (which take less operations to compute). This is what I understand is going on. Other then this, I have been working through a number of power analysis problems consisting of load factors, peak power, cost for generation etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment