Monday 11 October 2010

the start of the week

Tried to go to the conventional generation technologies lecture today at 9am but the lecture was full and there were no chairs. Sorted out my ID card and now in the office getting ready to read a bunch of stuff. TODO : Read some more hot air, Read one paper and make notes, Go to the lecture at 14:00. Over the weekend I have been thinking about what sort of area of smart grid I want to look at. I definitely want to look at integration of microgenerators in a microgrid environment. I need to find the papers that I read for my 4th year research project and make notes on them.

1 comment:

  1. There are quite a few papers on this from IEEE power systems. They both look at the technical issues and the market trading issues. Just use IEEE explore for a start.

    Also, consider drawing out the scenarios under which they are used -e.g., microgenerator in the home, in the building, and in a community. They all have different implications. A good book to read on this is Perfect Power by Galvin and Yeager.

    ReplyDelete