Tuesday 25 January 2011

Programming

Last week I took 'time out' from my PhD to code a BAE Logistics simulator. I made some quick skeleton code with basic functionality to show BAE so that they could come up with a proper set of requirements. I will finish the coding in the coming weeks but will only be working on it part time.

Since the coding I have been working on my PhD again. I am currently testing some CPLEX code I have written. It works out the generator output that minimises the carbon emissions of the generators, subject to thermal limits of the power lines. The plan is to code in some sort of ordering on the generators such that generators that have been connected to the power grid the longest are curtailed last. I am also looking at refining my mathematical model of the problem, however I am having difficulties with specifying an ordering on a set in mathematical form. I have taken a few abstract set theory books out of the library, so hopefully they will help

No comments:

Post a Comment