Monday 1 November 2010

First monthly report

This month I have been conducting lots of reading in the area of energy, smart grids and agent based computing. I have been having weekly meetings with my supervisors where we discuss relevant areas I should be researching and directions that I should be taking. I have made a Gantt Chart of my expected work load from now until the hand-in date of my 9 month report. In the most recent meeting with my supervisors, we established a goal to work towards for the 9 month report: re-implement the work conducted in "The use of Constraint Programming for the Autonomous Management of Power Flows" using C-PLEX and try to make it decentralised by using some sort of coordination algorithm such as MAX-SUM. Work for the next month will consist of implementing the MAX-SUM algorithm and variable clustering to get an understanding of how the algorithm works, Researching and calculating DC power flow in electricity systems and investigating more thoroughly multi-agent based computing and micro-rids.

This week I am on the 4day intensive course that develops my skills in research and presentation.

1 comment: