Thursday 11 November 2010

Implementation of MAX-SUM

Yeh its a horrible day in Southampton (what a surprise!) This week I have been implementing the MAX-SUM algorithm in java to get a feel for how it works. Even though I studied it in my masters year, implementing it has definitely made me understand the fundamentals more thoroughly. There was one aspect that I couldn't at first get my head around. It was how you calculate the max of multiple agents utilities and q messages. As you increase the number of agents connected to each other, you increase the dimensions of the resulting cube of values which you must maximise across. (Hypercube territory) Thankfully Alex was able to explain it to me with code. TODO: Finished the implementation of the max-sum algorithm, add a viewer so can see if its working

No comments:

Post a Comment